Tuesday, August 26, 2008

23rd August 2008 Party

Dear Uncles and Aunties, if you have nice pictures of the party (and the cake before the melt down), can you please email to Mama jenny@unikhome.com ? Thanks!

Before the party, I was spending some time with Por Por and Gong Gong. Por Por had been busy preparing the food since yesterday. She made Kong Bak Pau, Fried Noodles and Gado Gado. All very yummy! :) She worked so hard that she was very tired at the end of the day. Just conked out.


Da Yi made the spaghetti sauce, konnyaku jelly, Ah Ma made Ngor Hiang and Achar, Aunty Erny made pizza (which was a hit; many flavours like roast duck, hawaiian etc). All the food was yummy lah. :)

Ok, if you are wondering like some of Mama's friends, if Mama didn't cook anything, what did she do? And her answer to them was, Me! The reason for this party! Haha!!!! Ok ok. God made me. :) Well, she decorated the place. She's is especially proud of the wall decals, which she painstakingly cut out and blue-tacked. Very nice! :)


I am wearing this romper for the first time. Mama bought it from Gap (50% off), using the ang pow that Aunty Jennifer gave me for Christmas. The dots match the butterfly theme. You will know what I mean when you scroll below to see the wall decor.


Aunty Bri and Mama were letting me try out some clothes to decide what to wear for the party. We almost decided on this since it has butterflies and flowers on it. Urm.. I am more concerned about eating the butterflies. Yums... they taste good. Hee....

G.Aunty Annabel and Aunty Bri are decorating my birthday cake! G. Aunty Annabel baked the brownies last night. She's now making the chocolate icing that is the "glue" between the cakes cos she needs to pile them to make it taller.
That's a light pink butter cream icing. It looks so light in this picture but it's actually a very sweet pastel-ly pink. The top layer is banana cake that G.Aunty Annabel baked for me to eat but in the end, I hardly ate it cos I was too over-whelmed to eat anything today.

The towers are made of mini swiss rolls.

Everything on the cake is edible, not necessarily nice lah (the flowers). Very sweet hor? Aunty Bri was in charge of piping the grass, trailers, my name, the number 1 and placing the flowers.

That's my Great Grandmother. I am scared of old people, for now. You can see how scared I am, that I always cry when I see her or Mama's Grandma.


Aunty Jennifer and Uncle Roger bought this beautiful dress for me. It's from BloomB. It's like a dress from heaven, just when I didn't have anything to wear! (urm.... my wardrobe is full of clothes but no new wearable dress). So sweet!


By 7pm, I was very tired already! Grandpa actually put me to sleep! So I took a nap for half an hour before Mama woke me up at about 8pm to cut cake. Can't possibly make people wait for me to wake up, which might take 2 hours? I was super stone. You can tell from all the pictures that we took. Sigh... the 2 hours nap earlier in the day was not enough to last me till 8.30pm.

Before I woke up, we showed the guests a 8.5mins video clip of my first year, edited by Uncle Wong. It was very nicely done and funny. I see if I can get Papa to upload on the blog one of these days. By the way, this is a sample of Papa's videography/editing business.

G. Aunty Annabel is lighting up the candles. Each letter is lighted up. But please don't buy this expensive candles. They burn up very fast and made my buttercream icing melt!!!

Nicole Jie Jie had been calling Gong Gong the whole day to bring her over to our place earlier but he was too tired to do so. So, she had to carry me when she's here.























Finally, a small smile from me.


You can see that I'm really getting cranky. Mama changed me out of the party dress to something more comfortable.

Yeeks! I'm eating Aunty Bri's hair!

That's Grandpa patting me to sleep. But I didn't. Papa bathed me. And Mama breastfed me after her shower. After drinking some, I was actually re-charged. So Mama took me out again.

See? I'm all ready to play and enjoy the party but by this time, most people have left, except for Uncle Donald's family and the CG people. Hehe... I was quite fascinated by Jared Kor Kor's penguin.

No comments: